Even though yegara provide the three most popular top-level domains (TLDs) (.com, .net, and .org), some organization want country-code domain names. And in this post, you will find step by step guide on how to connect the .et domain with the yegara host.
What is a country code TLD?
Country code TLDs, or ccTLDs, are domain extensions (letters that appear after your preferred domain name) that are specific to a particular area or country.
For example in a domain name called ‘your name. et‘, .et is country code top-level domain. It is an abbreviation that stands for ‘Ethiopia’.
You can also have a domain name with country-code TLD extensions. For example ‘yourname.com.et’. cc TLD extensions are cheaper and easily available than cc TLDs.
What is the advantage of having country code TLD names?
There are two main advantages of using .et domains over .com domain names.
- If your service is primary based in Ethiopia and if you want to rank locally, you may need to have .et domains than .com domain name.
- Your customer will instantly build trust. .et domain names are used in high government organizations and it helps them to gain trust from their customers.
Where do I buy cc TLDs in Ethiopia?
Ethio telecom provide country code top level domain (cc TLD) /.et & country code top level domain (cc TLD) extensions /.com.et, .org.et, etc.
How can I order cc TLDs from Ethio telecom?
- The first step is to choose which one you want. .et domain name cost 1,375 or 120 USD and extensions like .com.et, .net.et, .edu.et…. costs 550 birr or 100 USD. You can get a discount if you subscribe for more than a year package.
- Then open this link to make an order.
- Then enter your preferred domain name. After you finish the process, click on the checkout button.
- After you click on the checkout button, the next tab will appear. Make sure to fill it out correctly. Then click on ‘COMPLETE ORDER‘.
After you place an order, they will send you an unpaid invoice (printable and downloadable). They will also send Email and SMS notification which contain invoice number and bank account number (which is 8888). The last step is to make a payment.
How to make a payment
You can pay through CBE (for ETB currency) and Paypal (for USD currency).
To make a payment through CBE you need to follow the following steps.
- After completing the order online, you will receive an unpaid invoice with the amount of money to be paid.
- Go to a Commercial Bank of Ethiopia (CBE) branch. And deposit the amount to Ethio telecom bank account 8888. Write the “total amount” to be paid with the “order number” as a payment reason on the deposit slip.
- Then, Ethio telecom staff will handle the activation within hours of payment/deposit.
So you buy your .et domain, what is next?
At this point, you have a .et domain name. And to build your website, you need to buy a hosting service.
Now you have a decision to make.
For this article, I will show you how to proceed with the yegara host.
How to connect your existing .et domain name with yegara?
The main way is to order Cpanel for your existing .et domain name from yegara. You just need to follow the steps below.
- Step one – click here
- Step two – enter your existing domain name, your name, phone number, and email address. Then choose your bank of choice as you see in the picture below.
- Step three – as soon as you click on the order button, you will get both email and SMS notifications which contain the amount of payment and the link to confirm the payment.
- Step four – make a payment and confirm it through the confirmation link you already got in the SMS and email yegara sent you earlier. You need to enter your name, transaction number, and the date you make the deposit. Then your Cpanel will deliver to you within minutes after yegara confirm the payment.
This is how you connect your new .et domain with the yegara host that means you can host your .et domain name on yegara at a lower price and much higher security.